Sunday 20 July 2008

5 minutes is all it takes

That's right, can you commit just 5 minutes a day to getting fit? Of course you can, everyone can spare 5 minutes with no excuses.
If you can spare more time then even better.

Here's what I want you to do and I can guarantee that if you stickto this plan, in 6 weeks time your fitness levels will have improved 10 fold. I want you to put aside just 5 minutes every day this week dedicated to nothing else but exercise. That's right, just 5 whole uninterrupted minutes. I don't care what time of day or night it is, whatever suites you.

I want you to get dressed in to your exercise kit and shut the door and tell everyone else around you, not to disturb you for the next 5 minutes. Then do something, I don't care what it is, it can be jumping on the spot, skipping, walking, running, dancing, cycling, anything as long as it gets you out of breath and a little hot and sweaty. Continue for 5 minutes. If you are out of breath, stop and have a rest then start again when you get your breath back, but keep going until the 5 minutes is up.

Do this everyday for a whole week, don't miss a day.
Now; the next part of the plan is, I want you to add an extra 5 minutes every week for the next 6 weeks. So week 2 you will be doing 10 minutes per day, week 3 will be 15 minutes and so on until week 6 you when you will be doing 30 minutes uninterrrupted exercise.

So what is the point of this I hear you ask? Well, one of the biggest excuses I hear from my clients is 'I just don't have the time to exercise around my busy schedule'.

What you need to do is make time for exercise and this is a great way of introducing exercise into your life. It doesn't matter at the moment what you do, you can customize your workouts later once you become more accustomed to exercise and have achieved a basic fitness level. The idea is that you do something to increase your heart rate, get your joints and muscles working. If you don't do any exercise at the moment then this is an ideal way to get started.

This system is specifically aimed at people who don't know what to do and can't get started. The beauty of this system is that it introduces a gradual progression so if you stick with it you can't help but get fit.

So get started now and make this your time for exercise. You will be amazed at how much fitter you are in 6 weeks time.

No comments: